Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Initial post and introduction

This blog is to share my "adventures", thoughts, and tips as a utility and commuter cyclist in the suburban Midwest USA. This environment is not conducive to cycling, but I manage to get around, although not even close to car-free. How about just, less driving.

I'm in my early forties, and although I cycled a lot as a child, including a regular paper route as a teenager, and occasionally cycled to class while in college, for the most part I did not cycle much again until 2013. I now do a few thousand miles a year, mostly substituting for what would have been car trips.

I'm an engineer for a major manufacturer of construction equipment, and commute by bicycle nine miles each way, one to three times a week, year-round.

Hopefully, I'll have actual content soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment